Website QC Manufacturing, Inc. - QuietCool
Makers of the Advanced Whole House Fan
QC Manufacturing, Inc. is a dynamic and innovative high-tech manufacturing company located
in Temecula, CA. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team, who have high
desire and drive to succeed both personally and professionally, in a fast paced and growing
company. We manufacture QuietCool ventilation products. With substantial growth across the
country, we are looking for an engineer that can help work with our team to take our products to the next level. Every day we strive to bring new and innovating products to market. From our humble beginnings we now have multiple fan lines for whole house ventilation, attic ventilation, and garage ventilation. With QuietCool, every possible home ventilation configuration is possible. We operate by the principle that in everything we do, we strive to improve peoples’ lives. Our dealers and customers tell us we’re succeeding.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- Generate detailed design drawings and specifications for QuietCool products using
- Dimension mechanical drawings.
- Create exploded views and assembly instructions for production.
- Revise drawings through engineering change request order (ECO).
- Implement new part releases and changes in OnShape system.
- Work with design engineers to complete drawing packages.
- Provide support to engineering team.
- Check designs against design rules and requirements.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
well with others.
No direct personnel supervisory duties, though management of projects includes directing
project related activities of the project team members.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be required to lift up to 50 pounds in normal testing situations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires normal office hours.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Required Education and Experience
- The employee is required to have completed four years of college level schooling
and received a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or higher. Minimum 1 to 3
years’ experience as Mechanical Drafter.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- One to three years of relevant experience in product development of consumer
products involving electro-mechanical components and systems
- Three to four years’ experience with SolidWorks 2012 or later, experience with
Simulation package a bonus
- Working knowledge of ANSI Y14.5-2009 and MIL-STD-100 standards and practices
- One to three years of experience with sheet metal design and fabrication techniques
- Basic understanding of air flow methods and technologies
- Basic understanding of fan law
- Basic understanding of motors and motor controls
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions quickly
- Self-confidence to tackle both internal and external issues which affect project
- An uncompromising commitment towards achieving goal targets
- Demonstrated ability to make data driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to create detailed action items and follow up
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Demonstrated technical expertise in new product development or sustaining
- Recognition as a technical subject matter expert in the product(s) overseen
- Perform complex interference fit checks, motion studies, and tolerance stack-up
analysis (GD&T) on medium assemblies.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure project completion.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.