Website QC Manufacturing, Inc. - QuietCool
Makers of the Advanced Whole House Fan
In 1999, the founder of QC Manufacturing conceived the greatest American invention in a garage when he tinkered and tweaked his prototype QuietCool Fan until he had a workable, salable product. The first QC-1500 came to market in 2003, and the rest is history. Starting with ten employees at the time and rapidly growing to 120 today, and still growing, QC Manufacturing has proudly made the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in America every year consecutively since 2015 moving the economy forward every day with its remarkably consistent high growth. Yes, our repeat Inc. 5000 honors truly put us in rarefied company, however, we could not have done it without each member of our brilliant team, the QuietCool Family.
The Mechanical/Design engineer will provide product development engineering support using SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation to capture complex design intent involving fluid dynamics. Then the engineer will be responsible for drafting all products. The engineer will also provide design concepts through prototyping and production release.
- Test all company products using AMCA 210 standards
- Automate data collection using company software
- Create reports and executive summaries for management and government entities
- Train other employees with the company standard of testing
- Offer constructive suggestions and ideas when needed
- Guide team to make positive improvements to products and processes
- Design, based on all mechanical concepts gained in school
- Develop conceptual layouts to capture product specification and function of assembly/component interface, size, location, and placement
- Solve issues associated with the natural path of product development with creativity and smart designs
- Create complex 3D models, large assembly, part and assembly drawings utilizing SolidWorks
- Design sheet metal parts using configuration manager
- Design parts/assembly fixtures from scratch or sketches and with minimal instructions/directions
- Generate detailed fabrication drawings per Global DRM and ASME Y-14M with a familiarity of GD&T and tolerance analysis
- Perform complex interference fit checks, motion studies, and tolerance stacks-up analysis (GD&T) on medium assemblies
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure project completion
- Software proficiency
- Communication skills
- Attention to details
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be able to lift a maximum of 100 pounds unassisted, waist high, up to 10 feet away, and up to140 pounds of weight assisted.
*Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
*This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
*Additional Eligibility Qualifications
*Two to three years of increasingly responsible related experience