Website QC Manufacturing, Inc. - QuietCool
Makers of the Advanced Whole House Fan
The Purchaser I will be responsible for placing orders with vendors using MRP system and releasing orders based off the needs of sales and production. The Purchaser I will ensure an uninterrupted flow of inventory and raw materials. It is essential for the Purchaser I to engage in sourcing new suppliers, establishing relationships with vendors, negotiating purchasing contracts, solving order grievances and discrepancies.
• Assist the company staff with purchasing needs.
• Maintain relationships with outside vendors, negotiate contracts, prices, service and purchasing agreements.
• Resolve problems referred by manager and serve as back up in their absences.
• Establish purchasing policies and ensure compliance.
• Monitor stock levels and verify the need for purchases.
• Locate new suppliers to find items for best prices and quality.
• Update Kanban cards when necessary.
• Negotiate blanket purchase order when appropriate and monitor cost during the time period.
• Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
• Work closely with receiving department to ensure proper supplies arrived.
• Prepare reports and updates as and when required
• Conduct research for new components and suppliers
• Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
• Trace delinquent arrivals from purchase orders.
• Comply with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
• Work with Accounts Payable to ensure all invoices and pricing are accurate.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The employee is
occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment
and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be required to lift up to 50 pounds in normal testing situations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is required to work M-F, 7-3.30. Overtime may be required during the high production season.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma/GED required
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience
One year in a purchasing role
MRP system experience
Six Sigma knowledge a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities
may change at any time with or without notice.
Director of Purchasing