Customer Service Representative I
Website QC Manufacturing, Inc. - QuietCool
Makers of the Advanced Whole House Fan
The Customer Service Representative (formerly Sales & Technical Support Specialist), is an important link between the company’s Sales Account Executives, contractors, wholesalers, and end-user consumers of the QuietCool product line.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- 1. Answers incoming customer calls regarding product issues, service questions and general inquiries
- 2. Provide appropriate solutions to sales and technical questions
- 3. Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with customers and working to establish a positive rapport with every caller
- 4. Work by telephone and email communications and enjoy job success by demonstrating a
professional attitude towards total customer satisfaction, commitment to excellence in every
task, and extreme attention to detail
- 5. Work within a team environment to ensure that customer needs are met
- 6. Act as the primary sales and technical support contact for QuietCool business partners and end-user consumers
- 7. Perform both inside and at times, minimal outside support functions. When required to travel outside the office on company business, the Representative will be provided with a company vehicle to use, or mileage reimbursement
- 8. Assist the sales team by providing to its clients and customers timely and accurate
information specific to sales and technical questions
- 9. Assist sales executives with client/dealer development
- 10. Assist with contract preparation and processing
- 11. Provide necessary sales support functions
- 12. Provide accurate technical assistance specific to the product lines
- 13. Coordinate shipping/returns and exchanges
- 14. Ensure that all dealer/partner “issues” are handled accurately and within expected time frames
- 15. Effectively communicate/translate complex technical information to both licensed trade contractors and end-user consumers
- 16. Possess verbal dexterity, be able to think quickly on their feet, and be able to converse at ease with others who possess diverse communication styles and abilities
- 17. Create professional letters, emails and other written documents to effectively communicate with a diverse client and customer group
- 18. Attend various field appointments, if necessary, to assist the sales team with sales
presentations and/or deliver needed marketing materials or products to both clients and
- 19. Address and respond to e-commerce questions and answers
- 20. Address and respond to Yelp Reviews
- 1. Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 2. Critical evaluation
- 3. Highly organized and capable of prioritizing
- 4. Self-directed, ability to multi-task, follow-up and prioritize to complete assignments on deadlines
- 5. Manage fast-paced and high volume of client matters on a daily basis.
- 6. Ethical Practice
- 7. Teamwork, ability to work with multiple departments and staff
This position requires direct management of the Customer Service Department members
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires normal office hours Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm or 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with two 15 minutes paid breaks; one to be taken in the morning and the second in the afternoon; and one unpaid hour for lunch to be taken no later than the fifth hour of the employee’s shift. Occasionally Customer Service Representative will be required to work on a Saturday during busy season.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Required Education and Experience
- 1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2. Any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to
perform the duties of the position.
- 3. Strong telephone skills, using a headset.
- 4. Ability to effectively manage incoming calls, transfer calls to other staff.
- 5. Ability to juggle two or more calls requiring quick prioritization
- 6. Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and CRM Management Databases.
- 7. Basic technical understanding of HVAC and electrical principles.
- 8. Ability to convert technical HVAC and electrical principles into language understandable by QuietCool clients and customers.
- 9. Basic knowledge of one or both HVAC and electrical principles obtained through professional trade experience, advance DIY experience, or prior customer service experience to these trades.
- 10. Valid driver license, clean driving record and State-mandated insurance naming the
company as an additional insured.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.