Logistics Coordinator I
Website QC Manufacturing, Inc. - QuietCool
Makers of the Advanced Whole House Fan
QC Manufacturing, Inc. is a dynamic and innovative high-tech manufacturing company located in Temecula, CA. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team, who have high desire and drive to succeed both personally and professionally, in a fast paced and growing company. We manufacture QuietCool ventilation products. With substantial growth across the country, we are looking for an engineer that can help work with our team to take our products to the next level.
Every day we strive to bring new and innovating products to market. From our humble beginnings we now have multiple fan lines for whole house ventilation, attic ventilation, and garage ventilation. With QuietCool, every possible home ventilation configuration is possible.
We operate by the principle that in everything we do, we strive to improve peoples’ lives. Our dealers and customers tell us we’re succeeding.
We are looking for a passionate Logistics Coordinator will that be responsible for all aspects of shipping routes and delivery. The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and providing efficient transportation and storage solutions for the entire lifecycle of our products, from the acquisition of raw materials to final product distribution. A successful Logistics Coordinator should be able to ensure efficient and cost-effective supply chain operations. You should also be able to promptly resolve distribution issues and have strong negotiation skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry
- Check source documents for accuracy; verify data and correct data where necessary
- Enter data from source documents into computer
- Check completed work for accuracy
- Store completed documents in designated locations
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- Compile and the transport documents for all Freight Shipments and Billing
- Prepare shipping labels and paperwork for all Sales Orders
- Manage timing of deliveries, including but not limited to, daily tracking and tracing of shipments in transit to the customer
- Verify and resolve discrepancies on accounting records or manifest
- Verify information on rate against contract terms
- Monitor deliveries, ensure customer satisfaction and maintain accurate logs of all transportation and goods.
- Maintain historical daily shipping manifest records by filing documents
- Manage customers with price discrepancies, damaged or returned material, logistics and other supplier issues. Prepare and pursue freight claims from recognition of issue to receipt of payment
- Work to improve the logistics process by negotiating with suppliers and customers, increasing efficiency, reducing unnecessary steps, and creating innovative solutions for logistical issues.
- Analyze the financial impact of logistical processes and proposed changes to determine maximum efficiency in terms of routing, transportation modes, and resources while continuing to meet customer requirements.
- Prepare accurate bills of lading
- Communicate with van lines and airlines to ensure prompt pick-up and delivery of shipments
- Track and analyze mis-shipments to ensure they don’t occur again
- Respond to customer inquiries and refer clients to the appropriate channels
- Assess and resolve issues relating to transportation, customer problems, import and export, and logistics systems
- Communicate with various other departments as needed to create comprehensive schedules for business processes such as shipping and receiving
- Provide comprehensive logistical support daily for both inbound and outbound shipments
- Manage activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met
- Continually review freight costs, transportation rates to keep costs down where possible
- Streamline shipping and transportation processes
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Perform other projects as assigned
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Collaborate with Production and Purchasing
- Effective communication, including writing, speaking and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to produce in depth reports
- Detailed orientated
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a face paced environment.
No supervisory responsibility.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be required to lift up to 50 pounds in normal testing situations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is required to work M-F, 7-3.30. Overtime may be required during high production season.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mathematical skills
- Type 40 WPM
- Minimum of 2 years in Shipping and receiving environment
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain
- 2 plus years of using shipping software
- Six Sigma knowledge a plus
QC Manufacturing, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, click the link below:
Create an account, use your email address for the account, and create a password, follow instructions as prompted..
Job Type: Full-time hours
Pay: $14.00 per hour
To apply for this job please visit form.jotform.com.