Machine Shop Manager
Website QC Manufacturing, Inc. - QuietCool
Makers of the Advanced Whole House Fan
We are looking for a skilled Machine Shop Manager that is a team player and can bring their skills and talents to make an immediate impact. Rate of pay starts between $22-$28 per hour and increases based on experience in the following:
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Program CNC Machines
- Manage machinists to ensure daily goals are met.
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of the job
- Select appropriate machines (e.g., lathes) and positions or load material for a job
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues.
- Determine and program size of batches and speed of machine
- Monitor output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair damages on tooling.
- Daily use of micrometers, Vernier calipers, depth gages, and dial indicators.
- Ability to machine and program parts using: manual toolroom machinery as well as CNC mills, Lathes, Grinders, and etc.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations such as CAL/OSHA
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Establish clear and visual workflow for incoming, work in process and outgoing product.
- Establish clear and visual metrics for efficiency, quality, and safety.
- Conduct employee training related to equipment operations, processes, and safety procedures.
- Supervise employees, including issuing work assignments; maintain safety standards and providing training when necessary
- Schedule machines according to workload throughout the shop
- Ensure proper paperwork is available for set-up and operation of machines.
- Analyze operational issues in conjunction with Quality and Engineering and determine root cause and corrective action.
- Ensure production programs are running at optimum performance.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment following 5s guidelines
- Maximize production objectives, maintain quality, and meet output requirements within a safe environment
- Develop and implement SOPs work instructions etc.
- Perform root cause and corrective action for defective product
- Collaborate with Engineers for program and tooling improvements
- Ensure equipment preventative maintenance is completed according to schedule
- Ensure tools and gauges are calibrated and fit for use
- Ensure production reporting/documentation is being completed accurately
- Custom machine assembly
To apply for this job please visit form.jotform.com.