Website QC Manufacturing, Inc. - QuietCool
Makers of the Advanced Whole House Fan
The Purchaser will be responsible for placing orders with vendors using MRP system and releasing orders based on the needs of sales and production. The Purchaser will ensure an uninterrupted flow of inventory and raw materials. It is essential for the Purchaser to engage in sourcing new suppliers, establishing relationships with vendors, negotiating purchasing contracts, solving order grievances and discrepancies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the company staff with purchasing needs.
- Maintain relationships with outside vendors, negotiate contracts, prices, service and purchasing agreements.
- Resolve problems referred by manager and serve as back up in their absences.
- Establish purchasing policies and ensure compliance.
- Monitor stock levels and verify the need for purchases.
- Locate new suppliers to find items for best prices and quality.
- Update Kanban cards when necessary.
- Negotiate blanket purchase order when appropriate and monitor cost during the time period.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Work closely with receiving department to ensure proper supplies arrived.
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- Trace delinquent arrivals from purchase orders.
- Comply with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Work with Accounts Payable to ensure all invoices and pricing are accurate.
- Strong communication, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to produce in depth reports
- Detailed orientated
- Strong problem-solving skills
No supervisory responsibility.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be required to lift up to 50 pounds in normal testing situations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is required to work M-F, 7-3.30. Overtime may be required during high production season.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mathematical skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- One year in a purchasing role
- MRP system experience
- Kanban knowledge
- Six Sigma knowledge a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
QC Manufacturing, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit form.jotform.com.