Home / FAQs: Wi-Fi Smart Control
FAQs: Wi-Fi Smart Control
- How do I connect my phone to my fan?
To connect your fan to your phone all you’ll need is the Wi-Fi Smart Control Hub (IT-36001) and a smart device with the QuietCool App.
- What QuietCool models are compatible with the Wi-Fi hub?
The QuietCool Wi-Fi Smart Control is backwards compatible with all QuietCool whole house fans and attic fans.
- I only have a 5 ghz network at my house, can I use the Wi-Fi hub?
No, the Wi-Fi Smart Control is not compatible with 5 ghz networks, however, most 5 ghz networks have a 2.4 ghz network as well.
- Can I have both hard-wired controls and the Wi-Fi hub?
No, we do not recommend this.
- Can I hook up the Wi-Fi hub to my smart automation system?
As of right now, the QuietCool Wi-Fi Smart Control isn’t compatible with home automation. We don’t recommend connecting a QuietCool to a home automation system in any form as there is the need for a person to open up a window for the fan to work.
- Can I hook up the Wi-Fi hub to a Wi-Fi Range Extender.?
We do not support Wi-Fi Range Extenders. All hubs need to be connected to the main router’s 2.4 ghz network.
- Can I hook up two motorheads to a single hub (ex: CL-6400, ES-6400, TRI PRO-6.5, or STL PRO-6.5)?
Yes you can, however it is not recommended because you will only have two speeds vs. four speeds. You also run a greater risk of burning out the hub if the wiring is done incorrectly.
- I have had my router for a while, will it still be compatible?
Some routers older than 5 years do not communicate with our Wi-Fi hubs. Please check the minimum requirements below to make sure your network is compatible.
- What is the warranty period?
The hub is warrantied for 1 year.