- What is the UDP socket error?This error has to do with network communication. You will need to close the app out for a few seconds and re-open the app. If the fan app continues to show the UDP socket error, please perform a soft reset. You can perform a soft reset by unplugging the fan unit or flipping off the breaker connected to the fan and turning the fan back on.
- Why does it keep saying “network controller is unreachable” or “unresponsive”?
This means the phone is having trouble finding the Wi-Fi hub on your network. This error is usually fixed by force closing the app on your device and restarting the app. This can also be fixed by performing a soft reset. You can perform a soft reset by unplugging the fan unit or flipping off the breaker connected to the fan and turning the fan back on.
- I can’t see my fans on my app, how do I fix this?Make sure you are connected to the fan’s Wi-Fi network and that the fans have been moved over to the home Wi-Fi network.
- Why do I have to switch to the WV Wi-Fi network to operate my fan and then switch back to my home Wi-Fi to browse the internet?Your fan isn’t completely set up through the QuietCool app. The Wi-Fi hub is designed to connect to your home Wi-Fi network. In the QuietCool app, navigate to the network settings and change the hub setting from “Access Point” mode to “Station Mode”. This will allow you to operate the fan through your home’s Wi-Fi network.
- Where is the MAC address located so I can grant permission through my firewall?The MAC address is located on the Wi-Fi chip inside the hub. Open up the Wi-Fi hub to find the MAC address.
- Can I control my fan through the kill switch?No, the kill switch is designed to cut power to the Wi-Fi hub in cas of an emergency. This switch does not control the fan functionality.
- Why can I activate the fan on my phone but another person can’t?The hub is most likely configured in “Access Point” mode which means you have to connect ot the WV network in order to control the fan. To allow more than one device to control the fan, you must move the fan over to “Station Mode”. In the QuietCool app, navigate to the network settings and change the hub setting from “Access Point” mode to “Station Mode”.
This will allow you to operate the fan through your home’s Wi-Fi network.
- I can hear the hub clicking but the fan isn’t turning on.This means that the fan is wired incorrectly inside the Wi-Fi hub or the incorrect number of speeds was selected. Check that the correct # of speeds is selected in the app and that the wiring is correct.
- Is there a way to factory reset the hub without getting in the attic?Yes, you can factory reset through the “Diagnostics” page in the QuietCool app.
- What is the difference between a soft reset and a factory reset?A soft reset is simply power-cycling the hub to restart. This fixes many connectivity issues that may arise. A factory reset is used when you are changing the in-home Wi-Fi router and need to re-setup the hub to another Wi-Fi network. This will reset all settings and put the hub back to it’s out-of-box settings.